The Green Bay Packers takes a journey to Texas to handle the Houston Texans this Р’ Р’ sunday
- It marks the 5th matchup between the Packers and Texans, with Green Bay keeping a 3-1 lead, including a 2-0 mark in Houston.
- It’s the Packers’ first trip to Houston since a 42-24 victory in 2012 in Week 6.
- While Green Bay has just played in the Texans twice, this has played when you look at the continuing state of Texas six times since 2010, like the postseason, and won every one of those games, beating the Dallas Cowboys four times in addition to Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV in Dallas. The packers have scored over 30Р’ points (31, 42, 37, 34, 35, 34) in each of those six contests.
- Sunday marks the game that is second of only collection of back-to-back road games for Green Bay in 2020, the fewest for the group since 2013 (zero). This comes following the Packers had three sets of back-to-back road competitions in both 2018 and 2019.
- This is the 3rd time this period Green Bay will play a casino game that commences at 12 p.m. CT, plus the very first since Week 2. The Packers won both of the last games that kicked off at 12 p.m. CT, scoring 43 points at Minnesota and 42 points versus Detroit.
- The Packers have started 4-1 for the 2nd consecutive period and when it comes to 3rd amount of time in the past four years (2017).Р’
- Dating back vietnam cupid profile examples once again to 2017, Green Bay joins the Kansas City Chiefs (four times) given that teams that are only the NFL to win at the least four of the very very first five games in at the very least three of this final four periods (Stathead.com).
- The Packers have won nine of these final 10 games that are regular-season.
- The Packers are coming down their loss that is first of season. The next week.Р’ in the first season under Head Coach Matt LaFleur, Green Bay lost three regular-season games and each time responded with a win
- Green Bay will come back to Lambeau Field for a Week 8 matchup utilizing the Vikings on Nov. 1. It shall function as Packers’ 3rd house game associated with the season and first since Oct. 5 against Atlanta. Including playoffs, Green Bay has a mark that is 8-3-2.692) contrary to the Vikings at Lambeau Field since 2008.
USING THE CALL
FOX will broadcast the overall game up to an audience that is national. Play-by-play guy Kenny Albert joins analyst Jonathan Vilma with Shannon Spake reporting through the sidelines.Р’
- Milwaukee’s WTMJ (620 AM), airing Green Bay games since November 1929, heads up the Packers Radio system this is certainly composed of 50 channels in four states. Wayne Larrivee (play-by-play), two-time Packers professional Bowler Larry McCarren (analyst) and three-time Packers professional Bowler and All-Pro that is two-time John (sideline) will phone the action. McCarren first joined up with the group’s broadcasts in 1995 and gets in their season that is 25th calling games. After initially being paired together in 1999, McCarren and Larrivee enter their season that is 22nd of together. They exceeded Jim Irwin and Max McGee when it comes to many regular-season and postseason games broadcast when it comes to Packers with 313 during the 2018 period opener against Chicago.
- The broadcast normally available on Sirius Satellite broadcast (WTMJ feed), WTMJ.com via computer as well as on many products through NFL Game Pass.
- DIRECTV members can view the video game on Channel 709.
THE DOPE WITH THIS WEEK’S OPPONENT:
Packers at Texans:
- Regular period, all-time: 3-1
- All-time, Postseason: 0-0
- All-time, at Houston: 2-0 (2-0 at NRG Stadium)
- Streaks: Green Bay has won two games that are consecutive Houston dating back to to the 2012 period
- Final conference, regular period: Dec. 4, 2016, Lambeau Field, Packers won, 21-13
- Matt LaFleur: 17-4-0, .810; (1-1 postseason); 2nd NFL period
- Romeo Crennel: 29-56-0, .341 (0-0 postseason); 7th NFL period
- Check out Head: 0-0
- vs. Opponent: LaFleur 0-0 vs. Texans; Crennel 1-0 vs. Packers (1-0 postseason)
MATT LaFLEURРІР‚В¦ In the season that is second as Packers’ fifteenth mind mentor.
- In the 12th period within the NFL, having formerly offered being a unpleasant coordinator for two periods (Los Angeles Rams, 2017; Tennessee Titans, 2018), a quarterbacks mentor for six periods (Washington Redskins, 2010-13; Atlanta Falcons, 2015-16), as well as an unpleasant associate for just two periods (Houston Texans, 2008-09).
- Inside the very very first period leading the Packers in 2019, considering that the very first advisor in club history to lead the group to your playoffs inside the first period. Additionally led the biggest one-year improvement that is win group history (plus-seven victories).
- Became just the 5th mentor in NFL history to win 13-plus regular-season games in the very very first period being a mind mentor (Jim Caldwell, George Seifert, Jim Harbaugh, Steve Mariucci).
- Directed the Titans’ offense in 2018 to a number 7 league position in rushing (126.4 ypg) as Tennessee registered 11 games with 100-plus yards that are rushing tied up for No. 2 within the NFL.
- Aided the inside scoring with on average 29.9 points per game in 2017, a lot more than doubling their average (14.0 ppg).
- Tutored QB Matt Ryan, whom led the league in passer score (117.1) on their method to being called NFL most effective Player by The Associated Press, and QB Robert Griffin III, whom became the very first QB in Washington franchise history to win AP Offensive Rookie of the season in 2012.
ROMEO CRENNELРІР‚В¦Named Texans’ interim mind mentor in Week 5 regarding the 2020 NFL period.